Monday, 19 June 2017

Oh Beautiful Lana

I'm getting into the swing of outfit posts!
Isn't summer so much easier when it comes to such things?


Oh, beautiful Lana
I told it my mama
And my dad
What I had
Was the sweetest
And the neatest
Little girl
In the world


Oh beautiful Lana
Don't you know that I wanna
Hug and kiss you
And Let you know that I miss you
While we're apart
Oh my heart
All it can say is


L-A-N-A
L-A-N-A
L-A-N-A
L-A-N-A
Lana


This is the 'Lana' dress from Lindy Bop.
I asked Andy to pick me a dress to wear on this day and had an instinct this is what he would pick and I was right.
He also picked out the hair scarf which was a gift from lovely Vix.

There are no problems with sizing with this dress, which is why I have so many 'Lana' dresses. If I was to make a fuss, an inch or two in skirt length would be nice, but it's fine really, no real problems at all.

I picked the earrings, little metal lilac flowers, as the dress too, has little lilac flowers and the me made necklace which is made from imperial jasper.

The shoes are old ones from Joe Browns, and I adore them, but they needed a repair the night before as the upper shoe was coming apart from the wedge part. They seemed okay by morning, after spending the night with the weight of a chair laden with heavy books on top (1000 Vegan Recipes, Cars of the Late 60's and Warhol, if you're interested!).



However, I then wore this outfit last Friday, to pick up my labradorite disc from a jewellers and we were then moving on to a National Trust arboretum.

First, we went to the bespoke jewellers I won the gift voucher from at last years car show. This years car show had just been on, so I knew I had to use my voucher now as it was getting silly. However, I couldn't afford to have my labradorite made into anything, as it was way, way out of my price range, so picked out this beautiful little faceted rose quartz bracelet with magnetic silver clasp.
I love it! I've adored rose quartz since I was in my teens, it's so delicately beautiful and I couldn't be happier with this.


Then onward to the arboretum and the pesky heel of my shoes came unglued as I was being adventurous going down some steps. And then I lost my balance because of this and hurt my leg.

But I can guarantee you that I was the most vibrantly dressed visitor this day, brighter even than the kiddies! My post about the trip is coming soon.

Anyway, after the arboretum, where we debated a cuppa at the café, but figured they wouldn't have soy milk for me, then realised we didn't have any money anyway, we moved on to a few places trying to find me a flask so I could have a cuppa when we were out and about. I wanted a flamingo one, as you do if you're me, but the one I had seen on Amazon didn't have good reviews, so we trawled around a few garden centres trying to see what they had and found absolutely nothing. I had to make do with ordering a 'normal' one once home.

I did find flamingos though: a soft toy, a watering can, an umbrella, paper cups and plates and these fine fellows, but the only flamingos to come home with me were the ones on my handbag:



As we were passing through a small village near here, we popped in a charity shop and as always, I made a beeline to handbags (nothing), gloves (two pairs, one looked modern and one pair was horribly stained and I wasn't sure they would clean up well and as they were in a locked cabinet, I figured they would have a higher price tag and I could feasibly spend money on gloves which would never clean up nicely) and then moved to the scarves and had a good dig through a seemingly bottomless basket and voila!

Can you see it? It's one of my trademark 50's/60's chiffon scarves and is a soft buttery colour with gold thread stitching at the hem. I then remembered we had no money of any consequence on either of us. I asked the lady how much, as these charmingly ramshackle little charity shops usually charge around £1.50 for scarves and she looked pityingly at the one I was wafting about and said, "20p?" like she thought asking that much for such a sorry sight was criminal. We managed to scrape together 20p and I left, very, very happy with my 20p scarf. This is the least I have ever paid for one.

Then, when I got home, I tried to put it with my other scarves and first attempted to put it with the yellows, as all my scarves are tied up in rainbow order, but it looked white next to the vibrant yellows I already have. So, I moved it next to the white one and then it looked really yellow. It ended up with the yellows.
These are the problems of the compulsive organiser ladies and gentlemen.


And that was that!
My leg though, still really hurts. 

15 comments:

  1. I also have two Lanas! The waist hits perfectly, and the length is great on my two colourways (the green one, and the sort of Spanish rose pink one). Yours is lovely on you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I have six Lana's: leopard, this one, green, damson, black with ditsy flowers and one with roses and keys. The belts are always an issue though, I had two identical size dresses and the length of belts varied by a good six inches! xxx

      Delete
  2. Hope your leg heals quickly. They are pretty shoes, but nothing's worth hurting yourself. I hope you find a flask you like-they can be life changing in the best way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I can now put weight on it properly without limping. These shoes are really very comfortable, I believe it was the heel coming away and me over compensating for it that did it. I now have a proper Thermos flask, so am all ready to go! xxx

      Delete
  3. What a gorgeous dress - and it's a perfect look for you! Kx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is such a fabulous colour and print.
    The prize bracelet is so pretty, a perfect choice. Here's to winning lots more prizes and adorning yourself in hundreds of jewels.
    I'm always put off by cabinets in charity shops, you know the prices are going to be mad. Our BHF has had The Best of Blondie in theirs for months. I'm not surprised, it's £25! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Believe me, I could have spent a fortune in that jewellers, it was all handmade and so beautiful! I'll have to hold out for a mystery benefactor first though. £25? Crikey, they have high hopes! xxx

      Delete
  5. Yay, 20p scarf! That is brilliant!! You look delightful in your Lana! I've got the odd Audrey and a Matilda but no Lana! Your shoes are delightful, no wonder you want to save them!! What size are your feet, by the way?
    Hope you are well.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very pleased with myself! And thank you! I just googled the Matilda dress, that style is beautiful! What is the length like on that and the Audrey? I really like them but am worried about length.
      I'm well thank you, I hope you are too, how's the throat? xxx

      Delete
    2. I have two Audrey's, this one:
      http://www.porcelinasworld.com/2016/03/pink-martini.html?m=1

      Delete
    3. And this one:
      Http://www.porcelinasworld.com/2017/04/gingham-was-made-for-spring.html?m=1

      They both hit just below the knee on me, I'm 5'9" xx

      Delete
    4. Ahhh, thank you, that's really helpful! I've long coveted the Audrey dresses, and love the new lemon one, but the length was an issue. I wish they'd say how tall the models are, but now I know your height, I'll have to keep a close eye on how you get along with dresses xxx

      Delete
  6. You look gorgeous - and that dress does fit really nicely. Your poor leg, though! I hope it's feeling better today. Can you repair the shoe or is it now bin-fodder?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mim! My leg is feeling better thanks, I can now stand and sit and go down stairs without yelping! The shoe can be repaired, it just needs something better to hold it, we're thinking of stapling it back together! xxx

      Delete

Thank you for commenting!