Friday, 30 June 2017

Lana's Back


I chose my own dress this day!
This is another of my Lindy Bop 'Lana' dresses and is my current favourite, it's just so pretty.
Andy thinks it looks Christmassy with it's red, white and green floral print.
It also would be perfect for a trip to Wales, or to just accompany Meirionwen somewhere, but maybe that's just too subtle a Welsh reference?


So far I have shown you four of my 'Lana's'. My turquoise and leopard ones feel not so full in the skirt and are a little shorter, while this and the green one are longer and both feel a little looser in the bodice with the skirts looking and feeling far more voluminous and this one has pockets.


I have also had my hair cut and dyed. Crikey, it's short!
It isn't clipped up in any way at all here, this is it worn loose!


I wanted my hair to grow long for so many years, I wanted to be a pre-Raphaelite type with hair down to my waist, but being that it's naturally curly, it just wouldn't do so, not for me anyway. Before I took the plunge back in 2015, see here for what it was like before I let Guy, my stylist, touch it, mine's the colour photo by the way ;) it did actually reach past my shoulder blades, but the curl pulled it up. It flat refused to look any longer than it did in that photo and always, always looked shorter at the back, which is just odd, so I always wore it up.

I took the plunge and got Guy, curl expert extraordinaire, to do his magic and have been going to him ever since for this graduated bob. Finding a stylist you trust when you have curly hair is like finding the Holy Grail. I love my hair shorter anyway. So it won't grow to my waist, but it looks lovely short I think.

It was also looking washed out, so Andy dyed it for me, so now it looks a lot better, but although Andy doesn't mind some red, he prefers my hair darker. As does Guy. I may be alone in my red hair love.


But back to the clothes and what not.


I tried turning my belt round, to see what it would look like.
Metal clasp on my spine.
Mmmm, comfy.


Red and green chiffon hair scarves - vintage, nan me down and a gift
White metal flower earrings - Accessorize
Jade necklace - me made
Dress - 'Lana' Lindy Bop
Belt - Hell Bunny
Petticoat - eBay
Jade and Haematite Bracelet - me made
Shoes - retail

And in closing, here's a car up at Meirionwen's place.
I believe, because it's outside, that it may be on its way to being restored, or turned into a hot-rod, as many of Meirionwen's Gang are in this sort of state, living there in storage until they're required for a customer.




7 comments:

  1. It looks like it's a good fit on you, and I really like the colours, I don't think overly Christmassy or Welsh, but a nod to it perhaps! Would depend on accessories maybe how festive or Welshy it looked overall. That poor car in the bottom photo, it looks like it's had chickens living in it or something...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks wonderful! I've had he same curly issues all of my life.😉 Love The Lana!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your short hair very much. Mine won't grow long either, so I've had to adjust to doing what my hair want, rather than what I want. Grr.

    This dress is beautiful, and the length looks great on you (though so do the shorter ones). Though it could be dressed-up for Christmas with the right accessories, I don't get that feel from it the way you've styled it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't see Wales or Xmas, just a pretty dress. Is the length a little longer than your others? If so it's perfect on you. I like the multicoloured scarves, too.
    Jon dyes my hair, too. We've got them well trained, haven't we?
    What a sexy car, I bet it will make a wonderful hot rod. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your short hair, Melanie! Jos used to dye mine too, but since last year, I have it dyed at the hairdresser's. Lovely dress, and I agree with Vix that its length looks great on you. Although it does not immediately call up Christmas for me, I think it would look great at Christmas, styled with the appropriate Christmassy accessories. I know you've got at least one brooch which would go well with it ;-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your hair is beautiful - that cut really works brilliantly with your curls.

    I dye my own hair, though I did end up going into work with an orange cheekbone last time...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your hair! RED curls- my hair of dreams!! Brilliant that Andy dyes your hair too!
    The Lana dress is just beautiful- works very well with all the accessories.I like your squirrel pose (paws in front!)
    I was SO tempted by the recent 25% Lindybop deal- I put the green Alice in Wonderland Audrey in my basket as well as the Lobster dress but then decided that I have spent faaaaaaaar too much money so it was best not to! Did you buy anything?
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!