Saturday, 27 May 2017

Jaunting to Windsor!


Every time we go to Windsor, we get lost.
We can get there no problem at all, but always get tangled up in the actual place
and end up going around in circles.
We go along a road and I can't guarantee we went down there before,
but I get intense Déjà vu at every turn.

This time we ended up in Eton ... ooooooooh, it was so pretty!
And I haven't a single photo to show.
I would like to go back for a proper look around,
but I don't recall seeing anywhere that looked even remotely like
somewhere you could park. 

Before I go any further though, a cautionary tale ...

Pootle along in your car in your gingham dress with your blonde curls, please do.
(I swear I have this same doll)


But please be aware of bald girls in mop caps ...


See, they are not to be trusted. Look how she's eyeballing Curly!
Curly in her gingham dress is likely going to come a cropper at the hands of Baldy ... 


... like this little lady.
Baldy will testify in doll court, that it was their hair that made her do it.



Anyway ... we were headed not to Windsor castle, but to a motor museum near Windsor, for Andy's birthday. He says thank you for his birthday wishes by the way.

The birthday boy in his gift from me, Ray Ban Clubmaster sunglasses.
Note that he said he would never wear his hair like he does, but oh look, he does and we are getting through combs like you wouldn't believe, as he leaves them in unknown places and they are never seen again. The quest for pomade is also an endless one.

He also said he wasn't keen on Ray Ban sunglasses and look what he requested as a birthday gift...
I wonder what else I can achieve.
(I am trying to coax him back into a vintage U.S mechanics shirt he has)


Anyway, we finally got to the museum ... and had to leave again as they didn't have a card machine, so we ended up at Sainsbury's using their cash point.
Finally back there and, there was a meeting of the Mercedes 190sl owners club in the grounds.
*covets*



Not a 190sl but rather lovely.


Tis me!
Wearing:
Brown polka dot hair scarf, gift from Kezzie
Old faux pearl and chain drop earrings
Me made smokey quartz necklace.
Jacket, gift from Andy
Gypsy top, ancient!
Wonky Belt, Hell Bunny
Skirt Lindy Bop
Petticoat, eBay
Gloves, vintage
Shoes, charity shop




Most of the cars are film props.


General McArthur's cars I believe.



Other beauties.


*covets*



One of my absolute favourite cars.
Andy now tells me he would have considered getting one of these.
All is well though, as we have Meirionwen.



Concentration face, me. Crikey I look dishevelled. That's open car windows for you.
If you think this is bad, you should see me after I've been anywhere in Meirionwen.

Mannequin face, Andy.







*covets*


I saw this in the café area, it was one of many (so many) royal souvenirs on display.
It caused not only me much hilarity, but another couple of visitors too, and yes,
photos were taken by all!
I'm sure you'll agree, that this is on a whole new level when it comes
to commemorative royal tat souvenirs.


I like the idea of HMS Dainty.


But HMS Terror? No thank you!
Mim, look, a ship for your kitties!
And HMS Victory lives in the city I grew up in, Portsmouth!


*covets*


Our neighbour in the car park.
1962 Ford Thunderbird.
Pretty!






Afterwards, we went to see Meirionwen.
I was feeling artistic.


Meirionwen's Bond-esque interior.


Map light!



Some of Meirionwen's friends ...



It's Helene!
(why yes I do name cars which are nothing to do with me)













8 comments:

  1. A Happy Belated Birthday to Andy. VO5 makes a nifty pomade (I keep a tube around for fly-aways) if he's still seeking a good one.

    I love that outfit of yours-and I envy the belt.

    I once baked the HMS Victory as a cake for my son when he was very small and obsessed with naval history.
    http://eattheblog.blogspot.com/2010/06/hms-victory-in-cake.html
    I really should try it again-my cake skills are better now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Your cake is incredible! Andy was also very impressed, especially as you're American. People from outside of the UK aren't usually interested in our Naval history (neither are some native Brits, I must admit!) least of all do they know about Nelson ... it pains me to say that there are even British people who don't know who Nelson was, so to find someone from the U.S that does, it's great!

      Delete
  2. Baldy is one demented looking doll! Straight out of a horror movie! So many droolworthy cars, Andy (well, you both, of course) must have enjoyed his birthday treat, even if it came with a few hiccups. Love your outfit (fabulous skirt!) and your arty photographs! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She looks a tough one doesn't she! I wouldn't mess with her, I can tell you!

      It was a fun day out, getting lost aside.

      And thank you xxx

      Delete
  3. Oooh, love your arty shots! A very happy birthday to Andy!!! Glad you had a lively day. Ooh that skirt and headscarf go well together!! I'm in the Cotswolds at the moment camping, off to the Doctor Who experience in Cardiff on Tuesday!!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They are perfect together and I will always, always wear them together! The Cotswolds, we almost went there! xxx

      Delete
  4. What a brilliant day out, all manner of cool cars although Meirionwen is the best!
    Those dolls are truly terrifying but not as bad as that horrendous royal wedding monstrosity! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well we think so!
      Those dolls were indeed scary, but if you think they and the plate are bad, you should have seen the huge plastic statue of Diana, my that was something else, I couldn't even bring myself to photograph it! xxx

      Delete

Thank you for commenting!