Tuesday, 21 March 2017

Architecture Tart Tuesday: Hampshire and London

Back with more architecture!

~~~

Portsmouth has many of these little 1930's style buildings.
They are usually to be found on industrial estates.



~~~

London's Royal Opera House.
The building is often referred to as simply "Covent Garden", after a previous use of the site of the opera house's original construction in 1732.



~~~

A pretty little village by the name of East Meon.
It is such a quintessentially English place.




~~~

The birthplace of cricket, at Hambledon in Hampshire.


~~~

St Huberts at Idsworth in Hampshire.
984 years old this year!



~~~

Steep Hangers in Hampshire



~~~

The pretty little town of Emsworth in Hampshire, bordering West Sussex,  is littered with lovely architecture.
Another of those industrial type buildings.








~~~

Which is your favourite?


8 comments:

  1. The Old Flour Mill is today's favourite, I love old industrial buildings, must be my Black Country heritage! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Much as I like a quintessentially English village, my favourites are the 1930s style building in Portsmouth and that green building with the clock. They might not be the most striking at first sight, but it's all in the detail. Wouldn't mind seeing that cute little church up close either. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has to be the Lillywhite Bros. purely for the signage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute and quaint reminds me of an episode of jeeves and wooster

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved this post! I love architecture and being taken on mini virtual tours of people's local areas, so this was fun. I love the shots you got of the Royal Opera House, so pretty, but I think Steep Hangers in Hampshire is my favourite, it just looks so idyllic! - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Thrift Deluxe - The Lillywhite building. Just the signage makes me imagine what they must have sold.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Green building gets my vote! I really like seeing architecture in different parts of the country. Always interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Covent Garden and East Meon! Thank you for a lovely post. 💐

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!