Tuesday, 11 March 2014

New Patterns on the Block


Whilst perusing fabric I stumbled across a few patterns I'd not seen before so thought I would share. I was also pleasantly surprised to see they're starting to produce 1970's repro patterns too, scroll down to the bottom to have a look.

1940's
I rather like the dresses and think if I were to go back to WWII events I would treat myself to Simplicity 1587.




1950's

I adore Simplicity 1459, it's so pretty! I don't though feel any sort of love for Simplicity 1460. Nor am I feeling anything for any of the Burda ones except for the baby doll nightie set but that's because pencil skirts and wiggle dresses aren't really my thing.








1960's
1960's fashion is so fun. I really like Burda 7044.

 

 


 

1970's
There are some wonderful sleeves here and if there's one thing I love, it's fabulous sleeves.

 


14 comments:

  1. These are so much fun! I really adore that first 1950's dress but I fear there's too much fabric around the waist for me to pull it off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I don't know, I think you'd look wonderful in that dress. The reason I don't like the straighter skirted dresses is that I fear looking like a bowling pin, I'm rather big in the hips and my that look would not be flattering to me!

      Delete
  2. Groan.... if only I could understand patterns. They're like gobbledygook to me. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too to be honest! I have a real problem following patterns of any sort, it's like my brain short circuits xx

      Delete
  3. Fabulous patterns, loving the 70s style maxi skirts and giant flares! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fab aren't they! I carry off the seventies look well because of my hair but I think I'll just admire the pretty pictures rather than sew them xxx

      Delete
  4. The Burda 1970s revival ones are gorgeous! Love them. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What thoroughly delightful patterns! I especially love those channeling the 40s and 50s, and were I a sewer, I would be all over them like green on grass! :)

    Very happy sewing to you, dear Melanie, with all of these that you try your hand at,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely aren't they. I'm tempted by one of the fifties ones but have such a huge back log of patterns as it is they I might have to decline adding another to my pile xxx

      Delete
  6. Your back! Splendid!
    I've been using a 40's Butterick repro pattern lately, it's so good I'm currently making a fourth version!
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am indeed! It's always nice when you find a pattern you love so much you end up using it time and again xx

      Delete
  7. Wow that's pretty awesome. Makes me kinda wish I could use a sewing machine now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Makes me wish I could follow patterns better!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting!