Friday, 21 March 2014

It's Polka Time

Too many polka dots?
Can you have too many? 

This is a pottering around the house doing housework kind of outfit.
And a waiting in for the man to come and bestow on us the gift of hot water (third time it's gone out this year).



Oh yes, I have a new belt! 
I now have them in lilac, pink and black. They're made of lace.



Fluffy hair ahoy!
I also have my apron on here, glamourous, eh.



And Christmas gift earrings.
I shouldn't wear them really as I keep getting an allergic reaction.
Nice shot of my flyaway hair!


Hair scarf - gift from lovely Vix
Earrings - Christmas gift from brother in law and girlfriend 
Lipstick - Barry M
Necklace - Christmas gift from Andy
Blouse - retail
Belt - ebay
Skirt - made by me
Petticoat - ebay
Elderly ballet pumps - retail

17 comments:

  1. No you can't. Have too many polka dots I mean. I love 'em! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know I'm not alone in the polka camp!
      xxx

      Delete
  2. No such thing as too many polka dots, the blouse and skirt look great together. Have you tried painting the metal earring hook with clear nail polish? That often minimalises the allergy.
    Good luck with the man who can! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to make exactly the same suggestion re: the earrings!

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I used to always paint cheap jewellery with clear nail polish but complete forgot I used to do that until you mentioned it!
      The man who can came, he could and left saying that it'll likely happen again and we need a whole new water heater :(
      xxx

      Delete
  3. Pile on the polka dots, you look great! And red and black are always a classic combination. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can NEVER have too many polkadots, it's a universal law, like gravity. Hope the gift of hot water has now been bestowed? P x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I wouldn't like to ignore the universal laws!
      I believe we once again have hot water which means no more kettle boiling for doing the washing up x

      Delete
  5. No, you can never have too many! How nice this outfit is!!! I love it! You look super pretty! Those earrings are groovy too! You've just reminded me of a lovely Peacebird necklace I had which has gone missing- where on earth is it?!!?!?!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! The earrings are nice, yes. Don't you just hate it when you lose something or misplace it ... I thought I'd lost my bunny brooch and it played on my mind constantly last night until I went searching and found it x

      Delete
  6. The polka dots look fantastic together x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look so cute! Definitely you can never have too many polka dots. Hope your hot water came back on, how annoying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We do have hot water now (unless it went again over night!) xxx

      Delete
  8. You are gorgeous in polka-dots! So pretty. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've actually never thought of wearing dots on dots. Now that I've seen it done, I'd like to give it a try myself!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!