Saturday, 12 October 2013

Swoon on a Saturday: Rita Hayworth

Rita Hayworth
Born
Margarita Carmen Cansino
October 17, 1918
Brooklyn, New York, U.S.

Died
May 14, 1987 (aged 68)
New York City, New York, U.S.

Near where I lived was an Odeon cinema with a small shop in the foyer selling posters and postcards.  One weekend while still at school I took myself off there to purchase a handful of postcards. Humphrey Bogart, Bette Davis and Rita Hayworth came home with me. I thought Rita one of the most beautiful women I had ever set eyes on.



11 comments:

  1. Divine pics! thanks for this splash of glamour on a cold Saturday! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is one of the first vintage glam gals that I tried to model myself after! She always looks so elegant and still playful somehow.
    -Jamie
    ChatterBlossom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's so beautiful, I was always drawn to her.

      Delete
  3. I love her hair. I wish I could get mine to look like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is stunning. Not sure if I've seen any of her films though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is! Gilda is the most famous one I think.

      Delete
  5. OOoh, she IS beautiful!!! I always loved Kim Bassinger in 'Never say never again' and the one who played Truly Scumptious in Chitty chitty bang bang when I was a little girl!x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The thing that always gets me about Rita is that as gorgeous as she is in stills, she's even lovelier in films. In motion, she's got even more 'it'!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mel, where are you!!?!?!?!!?!!? I miss you!!!!!xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!