Monday, 11 February 2013

It's That Time Again ..


     Indeed it is, as I have been nominated for an award by the lovely Rebecca from Crivens Cottage .. I am very happy to be thought of, especially as my posting has been so erratic of late.  As with all awards there are rules -

THE RULES
1. Answer the eleven questions that your nominator has given to you
2. List eleven random facts about yourself
3. Nominate nine other bloggers with less than two hundred followers to win the award
4. Ask eleven new questions to your nine nominees
5. Visit each of the bloggers blogs to let them know that they have been nominated

*

ELEVEN QUESTIONS ASKED OF ME

1. Which came first the chicken or the egg? The chicken, as I read in a newspaper once that egg formation is only possible due to proteins found in the ovaries of chicken.




2. If you were trapped in a lift for 36 hours with one other person and 2 items, what/who would they be? Goodness me, I have no idea .. I'm sure it would be Andy as I am rarely out with anyone else but as to the items ........ I haven't a clue. I'm sure Andy would like a gag to shut me up.

3. Favourite read and why? be it book or magazine. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak .. the most incredible book which I could not put down.

4. If you could be any TV/Film character who would it be? I don't want to be Betty Draper, but I want her wardrobe.



5. What is your favourite era of clothing? The 1950's.

6. What advice would you give to new bloggers? As I mentioned once before - perseverance is key. I had a blog here at blogger once before but lost heart as I felt I was talking to myself and consequently deleted it.

7. What has been one of the funniest moments in your life? The only thing I can think of right now was when I went to a club once with some new romantic revivalists and goths. We got lost somewhere in London and the driver (a huge fan of The Cure who was made up appropriately) pulled over to ask directions. He called out to a passing man who approached the car, peered in and then literally ran off with a look of horror on his face ..



8. If you were an alien what would you want to look like? A Stepford Wife ;)



9. A recent UK weather related question - How do the guys who drive the snow ploughs get to work? They take their ploughs home with them.



10. Of all your crafty makes which has been your favourite? My Victorian dress.



11. How do you eat your Cadbury's cream egg? I don't eat them. 



ELEVEN RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME


o1. When I was a wee thing I had very fair hair which by the age of about two I would say, had turned auburn .. it got darker with age but I still have a lot of red in my hair. My earliest memory is of thinking that the red headed milkman was my Dad. My Father was never around you see, and the milkman gave me felt tip pens .. toddler logic - can't beat it!



02. My childhood fear was the Honey Monster as I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that he lived behind the dressing table in my grandparents room.



03. I often used to see a woman in my bedroom at night, tall and dark haired and dressed entirely in white. She spoke to me once. When I moved, she followed me. When I moved again, I can only assume she didn't follow me, as I haven't seen her since. (not my photo obviously)



04. I have a knack for finding four leaf clovers; I believe I have about ten in a little box somewhere.



05. I was convinced that you left school (completely) at eleven years old. When I found out this was not the case, I sobbed my heart out.



06. Despite being an animal lover, I rarely watch any animal programme or documentary. This includes things with CGI creatures in them, as the very moment there is peril, I can't watch and get terribly upset .. yes, I have been moved to tears by a CGI dinosaur.


07. I hate the magic of anything being ruined for me, hence why I avoid the making of features on DVD's, like the plague.



08. I have a habit of walking on tip toes if I'm bare foot

09. I'm a qualified beauty therapist and aromatherapist.

10. My first dream involved a basket full of guinea pigs at the end of my bed. I was heartbroken to find someone had stolen my guinea pigs next morning.



11. I have never left England. No, I've never even been across the Scottish or Welsh borders. I am obscenely poorly travelled.


ELEVEN QUESTIONS TO ASK OF THE NOMINEES
01. Who is your favourite of The Village People?
02. The Rolling Stones or The Beatles?
03. What was your first pet?
04. What are you wearing right now?
05. What is your favourite film genre? 
06. What is your heritage?
07. Disney .. yay or nay? If yay, what is your favourite film.
08. What is your favourite perfume?
09. If you could have a super power what would it be?
10. Who is your favourite film villain?
11. Sindy or Barbie?

I NOMINATE ..
You, if you do indeed have less than 200 followers. I know, I know, I'm cheating but it's my first time in being so cavalier with the rules. Tara, you know what to do xxx

16 comments:

  1. I love your answers about leaving school and finding 4 leaf clovers. I have never found one with four leaves (boo). What did the ghost lady say when she spoke to you?? Spooky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She told me not to be afraid, so of course I was straight under the duvet shaking like a leaf!

      Delete
  2. My hubby is actually one of the men who drives those gritting lorries so I know the answer to that question! I'm surprised to learn you're a qualified beauty therapist and aromatherapist Melanie, you've been hiding your light under a bushel lady. That's what I like about these kind of things, they throw up all sorts of interesting facts about each other we might never have found out otherwise. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was years and years ago that I qualified, but I think I've probably forgotten everything by now. It wasn't really 'me', I just ended up completing the course because it was expected of me xxx

      Delete
  3. Your random facts are great!!! That and I cracked up at your alien answer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and Rebecca nominated each other! Love your answers AND random facts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kezzie :)
      I didn't even realise that you know!

      Delete
  5. Your Victorian dress is fabulous. I hate the special features on DVDs too. I hate even seeing interviews with the actors if it's something I particularly loved. It just seems to ruin it for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much xxx
      I once saw the making of my favourite film and was appalled when all the magic was stripped away and since then I won't touch them. I'm the same with interviews, it just seems wrong seeing them talking about things as though they were just acting!

      Delete
  6. 01. Who is your favourite of The Village People?
    Never really given it much thought. The cowboy?!

    02. The Rolling Stones or The Beatles?
    Beatles. Though I'm not a massive fan. I just enjoy their songs if they're on the radio.

    03. What was your first pet?
    Cat called Fluffy. RIP sweet thing.

    04. What are you wearing right now?
    Big baggy cardi (grey), ankle length full skirt (orange), a green stripey top, thermals, undies and socks. Oh and slipper boots!

    05. What is your favourite film genre?
    Period drama, I think, closely followed by fantasy. But I tend to like a bit of everything!

    06. What is your heritage?
    No idea! A relative has done a family tree but I can't remember what it said! I think my dad's family come from Plymouth.

    07. Disney .. yay or nay? If yay, what is your favourite film.
    Yay! I like most Disney movies! No particular fave. Though Tangled was lovely! Disney films just have that feel good factor. They make you happy. They make you feel innocent like a child again. :)

    08. What is your favourite perfume?
    I rarely wear it so have no faves. I just put on whatever I've been bought for Christmas.

    09. If you could have a super power what would it be?
    Teleportation maybe. It would be an easy way to go to all the beautiful places in the world without the hassle of travelling there!

    10. Who is your favourite film villain?
    Ooooh...um...any who are dark and have intense brows and eyes! I can't think of any off the top of my head. I like Rufus Sewell as a baddie. And Julian Sands. I'm sure others will spring to mind after I've posted this!

    11. Sindy or Barbie?
    I was a Sindy gal!! I have vivid memories of getting a ballet Sindy for Xmas.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the older Disney films, though I did see Tangled over Christmas and that was really sweet. I had ballet Sindy too, mine was a blonde one; I loved Sindy and Barbie and had a mix of both xxx

      Delete
  7. I loved The Book Thief too! There's another of his books that's really awesome, but I can't for the life of me think of the title...
    I once had adream there were turtles in the bottom of my bed.....XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall have to see if the library has any of his books and give them a read I think :) Similar to turtle dreams, I had a dream that a tortoise was living on a For Sale sign outside my bedroom window, he had a fitted kitchen and everything xxx

      Delete
  8. Hi, great to have found your blog! I look forward to reading more. Congratulation on the award! Claire x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, it is always appreciated.
If by any chance you are asked for word verification, please let me know and I shall remove it.