Thursday, 3 January 2013

So Far, So Good

     My intention of keeping my home fifteen minutes away from how I wished others to see it is so far (touch wood) going well. Yes yes, I know it's only January 3rd but I actually started this in late December and am rather pleased with myself. I confess to becoming anally retentive though, as after the first morning of tidying and cleaning and stopping to rest my back, I found myself stalking from room to room, checking all was as I had left it. I have an Andy who claims none of the chaos is ever down to him and Boo just looks at me with pure innocence, so I assume it must be pixies and if I am ever so quiet, I might catch a peek.
     Our friend and his kiddies didn't make it here on new years day due to car troubles so they have rescheduled but we do have company any day now, no idea what day mind you, which rattles me somewhat as I feel on edge not knowing, but I am happy with how the place looks for visitors   The dining table has remained clear and I no longer find a bucket of bike cleaning paraphernalia in the bath and as I had to go out unexpectedly today, with Mr Boo to the vet, I was pleased to come home and be able to rest my back which slowed me right down on the walk back and know that I had nothing to do but let Boo out of the travel pod and put the kettle on.
     So yes, off to the vet with Mr Boo I went as he has been very lethargic all morning and this is a bunny who is always on the move and gets very excited whenever I go near the kitchen (or even stand up) so we were concerned. I popped him in the pod and set off along the river to the vet. Boo was very vocal in the quiet reception area which caused a few curious looks my way and then he proceeded to molt all over my red coat and then alarmed Matt the Vet by jumping from the vet table onto my shoulder. Cue gratuitous picture of The Bob -


     In other news, we watched 'Bunny Lake Is Missing' which is a rather wonderful film indeed and I had my hair dyed to brighten my mood.
     Speaking of hair, mine seems to have a memory of its own and I can put it up without ever looking into a mirror these days and once grips are removed, it stays put. There is nothing holding my hair up in this picture, it's simply defying gravity, impressive, eh?  Of course, if I went out I'm very sure that the wind would play havoc with it and I would look like a Georgian strumpet having just been ravished.


     I have also decided on my January sewing project, a sleeveless blouse from an original fifties pattern, as I have some lovely fabric which I purchased to make a skirt from, but due to a buying mishap, didn't have enough for said skirt and as I need more tops, it's ideal.
     For now I shall away, as I have to start thinking about dinner but I shall endeavour to pay your recent posts a visit tomorrow. Toodle pip!

16 comments:

  1. More gratuitous pictures of bunnies please!

    A blog award, if you choose to accept it:
    http://porcelinasworld.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/lets-start-new-year-with-awards.html

    Happy New Year!

    Porcelina xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, yours is the second blog I've had to re-add this week to my list, they keep vanishing and I often wonder why I'm not seeing any updates from certain people!

      Anyway, all sorted (for now) and I can certainly fulfill the bunny request! And thank you for the award, I shall pop over as soon as I'm able. Happy new year to you too xxx

      Delete
  2. Well done with the tidying, sounds like you're on the way. Glad to hear your back seems to be better. Sorry Bob is ill, hope he's back to his old self soon. Sadly my niece's rabbit is off his food too, but it looks like he probably won't recover, poor thing. I think my January sewing project will have to be finishing off some of last year's unfinished projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My back is coming and going at the moment which is rather unsettling, but hey ho! Bob is back to normal already, in fact he was far better last night after a couple of injections. I'm so sorry about your nieces's bunny, do they know what's wrong with him?
      Finishing off projects is a good thing to do, I have a lovely emerald green dress, probably late fifties/early sixties that needs sorting out, so I should really do that too.

      Delete
    2. Oh dear, it sounded like your back was getting better, I can imagine it's worrying if it's doing that! Glad Bob is his old self. Luckily my nieces' bunny pulled through! He'd swallowed loads of fur (he's semi-longhaired) through grooming and it had got stuck inside him and put him off his food. Whatever the vet gave him, it's worked and he's more or less back to normal now!

      Delete
    3. Thank you and I am so glad that the bunny is back to normal! Grace had an impaction once, caused by pretty much the same thing and that was such a worry!

      Delete
  3. Mr Boo jumping onto your shoulder sounds so very cute, it makes me wish I had a bunny too. Your hair looks amazing in that picture - you remind me of Bernadette Peters. Look forward to seeing your new old blouse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is rather sweet and hair raising at the same time, as the vet and even I at times, think he'll just keep going! I have been bent over double with a bunny on my back before now!
      And thank you! I do get Bernadette Peters comparisons a lot and am very flattered xxx

      Delete
  4. Well I hope Bob is feeling better.
    I need to dye my hair too. I have been putting it off for MONTHS....
    I can't wait to see the blouse you create. =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is, thank you. By last night he was back to tripping me up!
      My hair hadn't been done since the summer and I was desperate for it to be done, but I just kept putting it off.

      Delete
  5. Hope Bob is okay Melanie. I like the touch of red in your hair, it suits you and reminds me I badly need to do my roots! I've not heard of the film Bunny Lake is Missing but the title sounds intriguing, it reminds me of that Nick Cave book, something about Bunny Munro I think? Looking forward to seeing your January project when it's finished. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob's fine thank you, he's using his tippy egg as I type this, and was back to his usual self last night which was good, even if I was being tripped up! Bunny Lake is a good film, it's one of those crisp black and white films and stars Laurence Olivier plus The Zombies feature in it too xxx

      Delete
  6. oooh love the magic hair, wish mine would do that!! Bob is such a sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your sewing project sounds so exciting! I think the cutest sleeveless blouses ever hailed from the 50s. Please share snaps of your version here with us when its done. You look so beautiful in that photo! If I've not told you before (I've certainly thought it many times), you have the most covetable, gorgeous curls ever! I've wished all my life for hair like yours.

    Tons more healing wishes coming your way,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found the fabric I wanted to use while sorting so just need to locate the pattern now. I've been seeing a lot of the sleeveless blouses while watching the first series of 'Mad Men', so am looking forward to having one of my own. I shall certainly share pictures when I have finished.
      And thank you so much, I love my hair and know how lucky I am so compliments mean a lot to me xxx

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, it is always appreciated.
If by any chance you are asked for word verification, please let me know and I shall remove it.