Monday, 21 January 2013

Snow!


     So Great Britain has been plunged into snow chaos, which is always fun. I knew it was coming so made sure the bird table was well stocked on Thursday night so they had something for Friday morning. I haven't been out in it, I thought that since I brought on a back spasm merely laughing at Greg Davies on Room 101 on Friday, going out in the slippery snow and ice would be inviting trouble. It's a shame as I'm sure it would have been glorious near the lake.
     Anyway, Friday morning I woke up to this ..


And then sent Andy out to take another ..


     Then I took some from the safety of the front door .. these were taken before the neighbours had been out and churned up the prettiness for a snowman. I am one of those grinchy types that hate to see snow ruined.




     Sunday we had more snow but not as heavy as previous days and we thought Bob might like to go out and have a look. He very much enjoyed it too. He wasn't by himself, even though he was free and not on a harness (he hates them), Andy is just out of shot. See! See the pristine snow all ruined
      


     Over these past days I have been hand sewing my first sewing project (my bird blouse), watching series one of 'Mad Men' (no spoilers, we've only seen this far!) and I finally got Andy to watch 'Labyrinth' so he could witness my obsession first hand. 

14 comments:

  1. I know what you mean- I dislike the snow being messed up too!!! What, you mean he's not seen Labyrinth before??????????x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one! I hate to see it sullied by cars and people!
      He said he hadn't and after we had seen it, claimed he had with me before, but I have absolutely no recollection of this xxx

      Delete
  2. You stayed in the best place ... my attempts at sledging have resulted in hardly being able to walk today! M x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope you're okay and are back on your feet soon x

      Delete
  3. Bob looks so cute in the snow. I love seeing snowmen made by kids, that one is a good effort but where is his face?! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think his face is around the other side! He had a scarf at one point too.

      Delete
  4. Aw, Bob looks so cute in the snow!! I love him. All these snow photos going around are making me very envious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww how did Bob react to the snow? Did he like it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really enjoyed it! We have shown him snow before, a couple of years back, and it was so deep around him we thought it might scare him but he loved it and set off into the main part of the garden much to Andy's horror!

      Delete
  6. The weather is weird at the moment isn't it, here I am up in Scotland and there's hardly been any snow at all this year, not that I'm complaining! But it is so pretty before it all gets trampled, Bob looks like he's enjoying it anyway. It sounds like you're having a nice, cosy and productive time Melanie. Thank you again for getting me, and then my two oldest children, into Madmen, we're all looking forward to series 5 now. Labrynth is a film that kind of passed me by, I watched it once many years ago at a friend's house but everyone was gabbing so I didn't take it in. I'll need to get it, it would be a good family night film I think. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Andy's disappointed we haven't had more snow days!
      We have been so slow with Mad Men, we just finished season one and have to get around to buying the second. I'd hire it from the library but know we wouldn't be able to watch it in that short a time xxx

      Delete
  7. *Awwww* Bunny in the snow! SOOOO CUTE.
    I love all your pics Melanie. I haven't made a snowman yet.... but I want too. I need it to snow again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The sight of a bunny in the snow certainly forced the neighbours to come to their window for a look!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, it is always appreciated.
If by any chance you are asked for word verification, please let me know and I shall remove it.