Saturday, 12 January 2013

Pattern Parade

     I have been busy perusing patterns and upon poking about on my Amazon wishlist found I had bookmarked some patterns that I had forgotten about so thought it would be nice to finally have these in my possession, so I treated myself! Ahhh, this having money is nice indeed and better I spend it on things I want rather than it be frittered away on tat as I can make my own thank you very much or milk and bread. I shall use the rest for fabric I think.
     These are the ones I picked out ... and thinking about them made up, I thought it would be fun to match them to the scarves Curtise kindly sent me, but then all planning may soar out of the window when it comes to buying.

I dithered back and forth over the Vintage Vogue patterns and finally settled on this one which dates from 1954 as it's meant to be an easy one and I thought it would be better to dip my toe into the easy end of the Vogue sewing pool for my first go.
I am thinking turquoise floral for this one.


*
This, from 1960.
Floral again, maybe purple to go with the green scarf, as that is a favourite colour combination of mine.


*
This, 1956 and I think it would look pretty in pink or indeed lemon -


*
This one is from 1955 and I'm thinking bottle green to compliment the purple scarf -


*
And lastly, 1950. No matchy matchy for this, I shall simply see what takes my fancy. I would like leopard print but don't know if I can find the exact fabric I have in mind.


8 comments:

  1. The patterns are gorgeous - the illustrations on vintage patterns are beautiful, aren't they? Hope you find the fabric you want, can't wait to see the final results.
    Btw, I know I commented on your last post, did it not arrive? Never mind - just wanted to say you are very welcome to the scarves and gloves, happy you like them! Hope your back and knee aren't too painful. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are, I was even thinking they would be nice to frame (without the bar code obviously!). I'm probably going to have to wait a wee while before I get my fabric as the only fabric shop in town is horribly expensive.
      I did get the last comment, yes, I have taken to approving them first as I keep getting these 'follow each other?' comments from random fashionistas which are really annoying. And thank you again, I really love them.
      I've been having terrible knee pain today which I confess is getting me down but hey ho, that's what ice cream is for!
      xxxx

      Delete
  2. All of them are such gorgeous dresses! I especially love the two with the bow detail at the back :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of nice patterns there, look forward to seeing them made up! I have found some of the Vogue patterns overly complicated in the past (i think they go into too much detail sometimes), but you should be fine with these. Do you follow Roisin's blog? I think she's made the 1960 dress. I can't do a link on here, but if you cut and past, you'll find her here: http://dollyclackett.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, including the ones I have squirreled for years as I really need dresses; I am sorely lacking. I have found most of my pattern problems lie with Burda and original patterns .. Burda ones make little sense to me and I just realised it was so when I was glancing over the instruction sheet from one of my new patterns and got flashbacks from making my Victorian dress and the original fifties one I have made almost no sense to me so I made it up as I went.
      I don't follow that blog no, but shall rectify that as I think I would like it xx

      Delete
  4. really gorgeous patterns! wow, leopard print would be stunning! get sewing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea of that close pile leopard fabric but have no idea what the technical name is, but it would be ideal.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, it is always appreciated.
If by any chance you are asked for word verification, please let me know and I shall remove it.