Monday, 3 December 2012

The Trash Dandies

Andy's band, The Trash Dandies played their first gig with new bass player Matt on Wednesday of last week.
Just prior to leaving I was hanging over the back of the armchair trying to retrieve my jewellery making cutting pliers from behind said chair and got myself stuck. As the doorbell rang, Andy commented that I have a very 1950's bottom and then rather than help me, he just answered the door and let Matt in ....

The gig was good fun and you'd never think it was their first gig with Matt.

We couldn't find parking near by so ended up a few streets away and had to lug everything back to the pub in which they were playing. Even though I am from Portsmouth, Southsea is not an area I am too au fait with so there was a lot of meercat peering to check I was going the right way. I ended up carrying Andy's jacket, the drum skin and his guitar which I managed to get stuck in the door going in, in heels .. my feet were still sore from earlier in the week when my t-bars ripped my feet to shreds, so that was no mean feat.
 Also my cousin turned up and I haven't seen him since he was 12, so that was nice!

I wasn't able to get too many pictures as it was rather dark and I didn't want to use flash fill in and dazzle them while they were playing. Also, red eye was not my friend and despite trying to remove it, it didn't work. Beggar. 


Andy






*
Matt







*

All done and dusted and we set about leaving and rather than get the guitar stuck in the door again, I slung one of the case straps over my shoulder. "Ha ha! No door's going to stop me!" thought I, as I strolled through the door and managed to smack the neck of Andy's guitar on the top of the archway, much to the amusement of two men.  Finding the car again was fun .. we went halfway down the wrong road and then when we thought we were going the right way, found we had lost the car.  All was well though, it was hiding behind a tree .. it didn't help mind you, that both Andy and myself would have sworn black and blue that Matt's car was silver when it was in fact black.

I filmed the last two songs. 



*

Melanie, later that night, a very tired bear.
(that's my CC41 chair you can see there)



16 comments:

  1. This is a pretty hilarious post and I'd say that despite all the set backs you had a good night out. What exactly does a 1950's bum look like? I think you look pretty spent in that last shot but still beautiful!
    XXOO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently it consists of polka dots and lots of skirt with ruffly petticoats poking out from beneath!
      And thank you Krista xxx

      Delete
  2. Glad it went well. Great name for a band and the boys look very smart! Great petticoat shot in that last photo. Hope your poor feet get better soon. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vix, the band name was my idea!
      My feet are much better now, I can get my shoes on again and just in time for a trip to London x

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a great night despite your little mishaps. I love your skirt and frilly petticoat. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look wonderfully pretty! Love that frothy, timelessly wonderful crinoline/pettiskirt. I'm a huge fan of them, too, and really find that there's a practical element to wearing them in the nippier months, and they really do provide a nice extra layer of "insulation" (so to speak) with the freezing winds pick up.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jessica xxx
      I have two on here, I wanted extra oomph and warmth too. We're off to London on Thursday and as I haven't been out properly for a while, I'm dreading the cold as it's turned very frosty here, I'm wondering how to combat the biting cold.

      Delete
  5. I can just imagine Andy cringing every time you bashed his guitar Melanie, Pat used to give me his fishing rods to put here or there but he knows better now because I was forever hitting them off things or getting them stuck. I sympathise with the two of you not being able to find the car too, I have no memory for cars at all. I've located a car in the car park by looking for the one with lots of coke cans on the dashboard in the past, because the colour and everything about it had totally passed me by. It looks like you had a really fun night and I didn't realise you thought of the name Trash Dandies, it is a great name. You may have been tired by the end of the night but you were still looking very glam. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully he didn't see, hehe! The first time he'd gone way ahead of me and I was the equivalent of a woman with her heel stuck between paving slabs! The second time I got away with it as he was faffing about getting his things together. The car episode was very frustrating as none of us paid much attention to where it was and there were no distinct landmarks, just lots of grand Victorian houses. The worst we ever had was at the Goodwood Revival and our car was parked in a sea of cars and we spent about an hour in the cold wandering up and down rows of cars.
      It was good fun and they have another lined up for February I believe.
      And thank you xxx

      Delete
  6. Love the military look, glad you had a great night out, I see you were looking suitably glam in the last photo xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The jackets really add something and they were pretty cheap too xxx

      Delete
  7. I laughed at the '1950s bottom'. The band looks suitably dandy-ish in their fabulous jackets. I love the last shot with your petticoats hanging out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The girly part of my brain thought he was probably making some hidden reference about size, hehe!
      It's nice that their new bassist now has his own jacket as before with temporary bassists it was always a case of lending them one of Andy's. And thank you xxx

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, it is always appreciated.
If by any chance you are asked for word verification, please let me know and I shall remove it.